Royal Army Service Corps & Royal Corps of Transport Association
The Association, as we know it today, was the result of the formation of The Royal Corps of Transport (RCT) in 1965, but our origins can be traced back over two hundred years to the first South African wars of the eighteenth century, when a memorial fund was set up to look after the interests of returning war veterans.
The first major development was in 1927 when Royal Army Service Corps (RASC) clubs and funds were amalgamated to form The Royal Army Service Corps Association. At that time there were Branches world-wide, from European Countries in the West, through Egypt in the Middle East to China in the Far East.
Following the Second World War many new Branches were formed throughout The United Kingdom by men who wished to retain those bonds of comradeship forged in difficult times.
In 1965 the Corps was re-named The Royal Corps of Transport and the Association assumed its present title. Membership then included some ex-members of The Royal Engineers whose trades had been transferred to the new Corps.
In 1993 The Royal Logistic Corps (RLC) was formed by the amalgamation of The RCT, RAOC, RPC, ACC and Postal and Courier elements of the RE and The Royal Corps of Transport ceased to exist.