Chairman; John Todd
18 Warriston Crescent
Secretary; Amanda McNamara
9 Moidart Crescent
The Chairman opened the meeting at 19:45 hrs, 3rd August 2018
* 20 members in attendance.
* Bob Barren
* Mark Garrity
* Don Gorman
* Jim Harley
* Craig Pottie
* Derek Kerr
* Karen Findlay
* John Sneddon
* Gary Burns
* Danny Digney
* Cameron Gulline
* Bill Glen
* Chairman welcomed all to the meeting.
* Minutes from the June meeting were read; no minutes from July as no official meeting was held.
* Summer trip –Poppy Factory suggestion won’t work, as tours only happen Monday-Thursday.
* RLC Standard has been received and is on display for all to see – dedication ceremony is to be arranged; this is in motion.
* London – only Bill Glen is now going; secretary to send details to Willie Miller.
* Dennistoun War Memorial – letter has been received inviting us to Parade and for refreshments after.
* The smoker’s night was again cancelled; Chairman is going to pursue a joint games night.
* Treasurer gave update; everything now in Alan’s name, he proposed that we add more signatories to the account, so that cheques must contain any two of three signatures. George McQuade seconded this. Our balance is healthy.
* Dennistoun War Memorial letter – mentioned above.
* Ties and blazer badges will be ordered. Please pre-book via Amanda.
* Summer trip – George suggested we could always go to the Kikhouse; Frank agreed he would be happy to have us. Alan suggested we have this on the same day as the Dennistoun Parade, go for refreshments then all go to the Kirkhouse for meals, quiz, etc. Secretary to put out all details on Facebook and email.
* Edinburgh Tattoo – chairman suggested we try to get dress rehearsal tickets for next year; we could make this part of our summer trip.
Meeting closed at 20:10 hrs.
Next meeting 7th September 2018 19:30 hrs