Chairman; John Todd
18 Warriston Crescent
Secretary; Amanda McNamara
9 Moidart Crescent
The Chairman opened the meeting at 19:43 hrs 5th April 2019
- 27 members in attendance.
- Bob Barren
- Sandy David
- Bill Glen
- Don Gorman
- Barbara Bleakly
- Paul Priestly
- Stuart Cameron
- Ray Cairns
- Stephen Heron
- David Hutchison
- Robert Creighton
- Gary Wallace
- John Anderson
- Tracey Smith-O’Neill
- Ernest Hayes
- Sandy McInally
- Jim Whitelaw
- Cameron Guilline
- George McCulloch
- Jim Harley
- Ian Lamb
- Frank Healy
- Chairman welcomed all to the meeting, and informed us that member Steven Mathieson, OC of 221 Sqn, will be giving us a presentation about 154 Reg after the meeting.
- Minutes from the February meeting, were read and passed as a correct record by Derek Kerr and Billy Cullen.
- Chairman has spoken to 2IC with regards to a date for our meeting/curry night, looking like Armed Forces Day may be a good time as there will be a display of vehicles, etc. Just waiting for Andy Molloy to confirm with others.
- Regional Dinner – had no more names, therefore Secretary will speak to Cath Forbes.
- Summer trip – we will hire a coach to Edinburgh, leaving 221 Sqn around 11am. We could do our thing, meet for dinner, leaving Edinburgh around 10pm. Dates either 3rd or 10th August, poll on Facebook / email, PLEASE RESPOND asap so we can book. Partners are also welcome so we need your numbers.
- VE Day parade – 4th May, 10.30am Knightswood. Wreaths to be ordered.
- Alan McNamara spoke on the Op Banner parade in Lisburn on 17th August. The Royal British Legion have arranged an event at the National Memorial Arboretum 4 days before this, which is totally separate, however many people are confusing the two. For the RBL event, attendees MUST have served in NI, whereas the event in Lisburn is for all.
- Corps weekend 13th/14th July, Aldershot. Secretary must have names to Jonathan Knowles by 28th June AT THE LATEST. Standard Bearers may claim back their travel and accommodation.
- Southern Get-Together 20th-22nd September, Bournemouth, £149 pp.
- Calling notice to Regional Committee Meeting – Chairman and Secretary to attend.
- Alan McNamara spoke on the AFD / Curry afternoon; he had previously suggested that we could collect for Poppyscotland as a Branch. George McQuade also said that there are ride-outs in both Campbeltown and Stirling that day too.
- Treasurer’s Report:
Treasurer gave full details to Branch, The enamel badges we have ordered need paid ASAP, and there are still members to collect their decals. The RCT Riders poloshirt the Treasurer was wearing this evening can be ordered online from the RLC Shop, and we currently have Glasgow Branch ones being made.
- Secretary to get better idea of numbers for Branch Annual Dinner to call hotels.
- Stephen Donovan is doing the Kiltwalk (shorter route) for Erskine – he’s looking for sponsors please.
- Darrell Scott has created a Member’s Leaflet, complete with much information about the Association and our Branch. Darrell with forward the digital version to the Secretary to send on to the members for their thoughts; George McQuade has offered to get these printed up for us.
Meeting closed at 20:10 hrs.
Next meeting 3rd May 2019 19:30 hrs
Steven Mathieson OC’s presentation on the history of 154 Reg, and 221 Sqn, leading us to present day activities for the Reserves. It was very interesting to hear where the Reg used to be in terms of numbers, vehicles and weaponry, and how much this has changed.
The current 221 Sqn are very successful in terms of football, rugby and shooting, and have some great plans for the future.